(sorry for the long short story... just thought of writing something today )
Every couple has their hard time right? Where there are rooms for misunderstanding, lack of communication and the fear to ask for the truth...
Ann was shocked when she heard that Peter will be leaving soon. Without telling her anything, leaving their relationship in a complete mess. It's not at the typical level where phones are crushed on the floor, rings thrown into the river or past presents are sent back through mails. But it's a war of silence. And to tell the truth it killed her more inside.
"She's leaving just like that? Won't she ask when the train's leaving?" Ronald questioned with his jaw hanging down his face. They were all confused. Standing statue still with Ann leaving the cafe door wide open. Ronald kept shaking John's arm telling him to at least catch up with her and tell her more details.
"Look at the time. If we hold her more, she might not make it to the station. I've had enough being the reason why the two were like this. We should just leave them alone." John looked at his watch and shook his head, expecting Ronald to understand.
Ann was running passed blocks of buildings with a blank mind, that only after a moment she realised that she had been running in the opposite direction of the taxi station. She was hoping for a taxi in her way there, but nothing relieved the pain in her chest. Instead, raindrops drenched the road in no time.
What's happening to us? Tell me what's wrong now? "Train station please. Hurry." Ann almost cried out her lung when the taxi driver seemed reluctant to let her whom was fully drenched in rain to sit on the backseat. He even asked her to put a stupid layer of plastic for cover.
She checked her phone. The only thing she had been protecting from getting wet on her body. She tried to make a call but her balance is fully out. All that was left then was a grave silence. Her eyes fall on Peter's number on the screen. Her lips shivered from the ice cold aircon breeze. It was pouring heavily. And so do her strong heart.
The running continued as she reached the station. Where is it? She chaotically looked around for any signboards for his train. She even had to line and buy the tickets just to get inside the boarding gate. Headed down through the slippery tiled floor, her aching feet failed her as she stumbled down and everyone there were gazing down on her. She lifted her face up but there was no train there. Almost broken, she read the sign 17B. She was at the wrong station. 17A was at the opposite of the rail. That was the train where Peter was on.
But no matter how strong of a girl she was, she finally broke down in the end. It would take too long for her to climb up the stairs and then down the other stairs again. The door of the train in front of her was already closed. Passengers were already sitting calmly in their seats. And from her teary eyes, she could see one of them was Peter. Not even looking at her.
It was useless. Her dashing all the way is useless. It's the end now.
Kringg Kringg...
"Ann? Is that you?"
Only her weep was heard on the other side. Peter rised from his seat. The train was still moving slowly and he was sure that it was Ann on the floor.
"Ann!"
This time he needed an answer. As if he would want to jump off the sealed window. He was already peeping desperately through it just to take a longer hold of her shrinking figure. The train was too fast. And still only her weeping was heard from the other side.
"Let's break up." At last her cracked voice filled the phone. The train was loud, but at the moment she was the only thing Peter heard.
"Why didn't you tell? I ran through rain. My clothes are all wet. I ran though you know I hate running. I bumped my head when getting into the taxi. And even bumped it again when getting out. I didn't even wait for the change of the taxi fee. I even bought the ticket to get in just to have a talk with you. And I still couldn't make it. I'm embarrassed. I'm too panic that I stumbled down the stairways. I tried hard not to break down and look weak in front of you but I still did when I realised I went to the wrong side of the train. I was hoping that you would just leave without looking at me, but then you saw me too. Everyone is looking at me. Can you feel what I feel right now? Everything I did were mistakes. All the way here I've finally realised something. We don't fit each other. It's me who don't fit you. You're so good while I've only realised it now. Typical silly me. Even now you're leaving for the best university you're not even telling this clumsy girl anything. I understand. It must've been hard to tell me the truth. Let's break up."
But only the sounds of trains filled the air. Ann didn't know whether the line was bad or she actually heard Peter broke down on the other side. Her own cry was deafening enough too.
(sorry for the long short story... just thought of writing something today )



0 komen:
Post a Comment